Storytelling Is Mission Critical
Everyone loves a good story. In fact, storytelling is one of the oldest ways of explaining the world and sharing ideas. Some of the most powerful words are, “Once upon a time…” Who can resist hearing the rest of the story?
And that’s the key. You need your audience — members, donors, and stakeholders — to know who you are, what you do, and why you’re doing it. But how do you convince them to listen to your ideas or see value in your organization and its services, and then want to support you? Tell them a story.
Why? People remember stories, rather than facts. Stories engage, inspire, and encourage people to think and act. With an authentic and compelling story, and a set of unique messages targeted for your audience, you will be able to:
- “Show” your audience, rather than “tell” them, what your organization does and why it matters to them.
- Position your organization and yourself as an expert in your field and build trust with your audience members.
- Create memorable messaging that touches members, donors, and prospects in a personal way.
- Focus your message, to avoid communicating unnecessary information and causing confusion.
- Gather separate, often independent bits of information together into a coherent, cohesive whole.
Crafting an authentic and compelling story that matches and supports your strategic goals can lead to increased memberships and donations, greater awareness and improved relations, and a reduction in costs for your organization.
Let our experts help make your messaging memorable by ensuring that the story you tell supports your goals and resonates with your audience. Contact us today.