Happy New Year! I cannot believe we are halfway through January. I hope your year has gotten off to a great start.
In 2019, Redstart will be celebrating our ten year anniversary and beginning what I am calling Redstart 2.0. We are focused on branding and digital marketing that helps our clients tell their stories. Thank you so much for being part of our story throughout our first decade.
Many of you may have read my post from early 2018 where I pulled the curtain back on what a shock and struggle 2017 was. I really felt this post was necessary to show the hard work and uncertainty involved in running a business.
To sum it up, in 2017 we unexpectedly lost a big client, and had to hustle to keep our heads above water. This caused a pivot and re-focus in our business and shaped 2018 into a year of fast paced growth.
I am so thankful for 2017. Yes, thankful. It was one of the hardest years of my life but it forced me to act. If not, I would have stayed complacent with the safe work that was outside of our core clients. Instead, it ripped me out of my comfort zone and forced me to do a lot of hard work and reflection. Now, I can see a much more sustainable way to grow Redstart through stronger client partnerships.
We spent much of 2018 strengthening our operations, hiring new team members, as well as adding and refining services to best meet our client’s needs. We have also focused on spending more time with less clients – this has been the most fun! When we have a longer engagement with clients we really get to know them, spend time in their internal meetings and provide strategic advice on a regular basis.
After all of the focus, stress, and working nights and weekends in 2018, I took off extra time at the holidays. Some might call this crazy, I called it necessary. This time off allowed me to wind down (and it took some conscious effort) and fuel up for 2019.
This year I’m looking forward to:
- Growing with our team – this group is amazing!
- Building stronger client relationships
- Getting to know new clients and streamlining their branding and marketing efforts
- A Mastermind retreat trip to Florida
- Celebrating our 10th year with a past and present Redstart team members at our family BBQ
- A 10th anniversary service day with all of our clients, family and friends – everyone is invited to come serve with us! Details coming soon.
- Growing our digital services, with a new offering to come out mid-year
- A new Redstart website coming mid- year as well
- Participating in the Goldman Sachs $10,000 Small Business program this summer to plan out the new growth phase of Redstart
I hope you are feeling rested and ready for 2019 and all that it holds. What are your goals? Let us know!